Careers at PPM
We are always on the lookout for talented people. Currently, we have the following vacancy. Please email your CV to Pippa Seager at email@example.com.
Title: Production Engineer
Purpose: To ensure existing products are fully supported by engineering design and documentation where required. To plan and implement the transfer of newly designed products into production, including full documentation packages.
Reporting to: Production Manager
- Producing, updating and maintaining Bills of Materials on ERP system
- Working with Design Engineers to ensuring manufacturability of new products
- Working with purchasing to ensure best quality and prices
- Writing and updating production procedures for ease of manufacture
- Implement engineering change requests
- Writing and updating of product manuals
- RMA and quality investigation and analysis
- Working with software engineers and third party software partner to enable quick bug fixes to production release of system software
- Manage process of software bug fixing
- Costing of product variants
- Installs on customer sites
- Involved in system acceptance testing at PPM prior to shipment
- Work with engineers on system designs.
- Work with the sales department on pre and post sales technical support
- Knowledge of analogue electronics
- Demonstrable experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- Understanding of software/firmware
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
- Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of RF
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement tools and techniques.
- Electronic CAD tools e.g. OrCAD
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement by spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
- Keeping Commitments – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to complete tasks and projects and report that they are completed, even when other opportunities arise which appear to be more interesting.
- Collaboration and Communication – ability to develop relationships with colleagues outside your department built on mutual trust, respect and drive for sharing and success
- Company Focus – Put the needs of the company first before your team needs, drive to achieve the goals of the company as well as your own team
Please note: unsolicited calls from agencies will not be accepted and PPM is not seeking the services of any recruitment agency.