Vacancies at PPM
PPM is currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
- Business Development Manager – PPM Power
- Marketing Intern, role from July
If you would like to send us your CV, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No speculative recruitment agencies, please.
Business Development Manager – PPM Power
Purpose: Design-in PPM Power’s product offering
Location: Flexible as this is a field sales position
Reporting to: Sales Director – Power
PPM Power provides market leading components and subsystems to the energy, automotive, industrial and major science organisations in the UK. PPM Power engages at all levels with the high voltage and power electronics community.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial person who wants to use their sales talent to build upon a business which is already well established. Essentially you must have an active interest and knowledge in physics, electronics or similar subject.
• Seeking new customers
• Prioritising incoming enquiries
• Developing long term customer relationships
• Developing long term principal relationships
• Making pricing decisions to meet business objectives
• Being a technical authority for key products
• Identifying new principals and products to complement and enhance our current range
• Attending industry relevant exhibitions, conferences and events
• Bringing market information back into the team
• You should be degree-qualified in electronics engineering, physics or maths
• Technical, design-in sales experience is an advantage
• You may have product knowledge in a range of areas ideally: power semiconductors; high voltage power supplies; resistors; capacitors and/or magnetics
Whatever your background, it’s crucial that you’re flexible and proactive with a keen interest in customer’s problems and helping them to find solutions.
• Talking to people face to face, listening
• Prioritising tasks and making decisions on where to focus your energy
For more information and to apply, please email email@example.com – No agencies please.
Marketing Intern (12 Month Placement)
Purpose of Job: To support Marketing Managers with marketing campaigns, research and analysis
Location: Shrivenham – office based.
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Starting: July 2019
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Suggest and manage improvements to the websites
- Collection of quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Data analysis, research and reporting
- Help organise marketing events including exhibitions
- Support the marketing team in daily admin tasks
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Updates to collateral
- Depending on capabilities opportunity for copywriting and graphic design work
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications would be an advantage (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google AdWords)
- Currently studying for a Business/Marketing degree
- Passion for the marketing profession and its best practices
- Creative flair and can do attitude
- Hands on – prepared to get stuck in with everything