Synergy Data Acquisition Systems
Synergy integrates the capabilities of several instruments in a single, integrated solution.
- Digital storage oscilloscope (DSO)
- Transient recorder
- FFT analyser
- Data acquisition system
Instruments offering both FFT analysis and oscilloscope functionality are usually designed to favor one domain or the other, leading to errors. The steep roll off required to maximize FFT performance causes a large overshoot in time domain step response. In addition, the wide bandwidth required for good waveform fidelity in DSO applications is poorly suited for FFT use due to aliasing in the frequency domain. Rather than permanently compromise one mode, Synergy offers software selection of filter characteristics to optimise for different test requirements.Synergy does not require the purchase of additional amplifiers but instead integrates Universal Signal Conditioning on all channels, reducing cost and complexity whilst ensuring portability and convenience.
- Universal signal conditioning for all common sensors on every channel
- Continuous recording to disk at up to 200 kS/s per channel, either to local hard disk or directly to remote PCs or servers
- Choice of time-domain or frequency-domain Anti-Alias Filters and sample rates
- ClearVU technology enables instant review of even the longest data sets
- Ethernet architecture allows operation from front panel or from a PC.
Key Features for FFT Applications
- Anti-Alias Filtering with wide 80kHz bandwidth, flat frequency response, sharp cutoff and close phase match across channels
- Powerful DSPs to perform filtering, compute real-time spectra and reject artifacts
- Binary sample rates and lengths for convenient Hz units
- RPM input for order tracking
Key Features for transient recorder and DSO Applications
- Fast, high-resolution digitizers of 2 MS/s, 16 bit on each channel
- Large transient memories capable of capturing over 8 seconds per channel at the highest digitizing rate
- Inputs from millivolts to volts/div, to 40kV and 10kA with standard scope probes
- External clocking and rotational timebase for rotating machinery measurements
Types of input devices
|DC Bridge: Connect your strain gages, load cells, force, pressure, torque and piezo-resistive sensors with support for ¼, ½ and full bridge configurations. Auto Balance, Shunt Cal and Auto Cal functions are provided at a touch.|
|Thermocouple: Direct inputs for your J, K, E and T thermocouples with cold junction compensation and real-time linearisation.|
|ICP type accel: Constant-current excitation for your accelerometers, microphones and force transducers, including IEEE 1451.4 TEDS support. Synergy supports all IEPE (Integrated Electronics Piezo Electric) sensors including PCB Piezotronics ICP®, Endevco ISOTRON®, Kistler Piezotron® and Brüel & Kjær DeltaTron® types. Charge-mode sensors are also supported with small in-line charge converters.|
|Voltage inputs: Synergy offers great flexibility with wide input spans from 20 mV to 20 V direct, up to 40 KV with standard scope probes. All channels are differential to prevent ground loop and EMI problems.|
|Sensor power: Up to four DC sources of 1 to 10V provide excitation to power bridges, MEMS sensors, DC-LVDT’s, transmitters, current loops and other circuitry.|
|Frequency and RMS: All channels measure both frequency and true-RMS values in real time, eliminating the need for separate F-V, counter-timer and RMS modules.|
Choice of three input modules
All Synergy models begin with independent high-precision differential input amplifiers and 2 MS/s, 16-bit digitizers for every channel. Users have a choice of three input modules to support almost any combination of signal types.
- Basic input module – provides direct connection to voltage or pre-conditioned signals
- Universal input module – provides excitation power for both DC bridges and constant-current ICP® sensors as well as cold junction compensation for thermocouple measurements.
- High voltage module – supports high voltage /power and isolated applications.
High Performance in ANY mode
- The wide bandwidth of 1 MHz assures signal detail is captured when in oscilloscope mode.
- Sharp-cutoff filter provides anti-alias protection even when a low oversampling ratio is chosen when in FFT mode.
- A DSP in each input module manages data flow and provides selectable filtering, trigger comparisons, real time maths and statistical data reduction for each channel.
- In Recorder mode, triggering is also available on real-time virtual channels such as RMS, max, min, frequency or slope. Standard calculations can be combined for more complex real-time analysis.
The Synergy 64: Extended Acquisition Performance
The Synergy 64 provides the same acquisition and analysis of the Synergy Portable system bu provides the capability for additional channels.
- supports up to 64 high speed channels
- no degradation of acquisition performance.
- available in benchtop and rackmount configurations
up to 200 kS/s continuous direct to disk recording per channel or 2 MS/s digital scope/transient per channel capture capability regardless of the number of active channels.real time analysis and filtering on all channels.
Synergy’s master/slave architecture enables multiple systems to be fully synchronized and controlled from a single system to create even larger channel count systems. The user is free to mix and match Synergy Portable or Synergy 64 systems in any configuration.