Sentinel 3 is the world’s most advanced RF over fibre test and measurement system for:
- EMP test and EMC conformance
- HIRF aircraft clearance
- Simulated lightning testing
- Impulse, time domain and NEMP testing
- Low and high level swept frequency coupling measurements
Sentinel 3 is designed to reduce setup time and maximise measurement certainty. Auto-thermal calibration can halve test time, plus the system can link to a great number of sensors without disturbing the test set-up.
The 3U chassis is available in desktop and rack-mount format. The chassis accepts up to six single or dual receiver modules. Power and control distribution takes place via the chassis backplane. The unit also integrates battery charging.
World Class Performance
- Three modes: super-low noise mode, high power mode and high impedance mode
- Increased sensitivity means lower test field strength and reduced ERP
- 145 dB/Hz instantaneous dynamic range
- Thermal compensation means calibrate only once for 0.25 dB accuracy
Touch-screen System Controller
The wide, touch-screen controller displays link status, battery levels (including those on charge) and supports features such as:
- Remote gain control
- Remote power up/down of transmitters
- Automatic unit detection on startup
- System self-test
The controller also supports USB and Ethernet interfaces, allowing the system also to be controlled from a PC.
Ultra-compact Remote Transmitters
Sentinel 3 transmitters have been designed to support easier installation in tight spaces. The units have a volume of only 1.1 litres and interchangeably accept robust, weatherproof optical connectors and standard LC optical connectors (for smaller size and reduced cable bend-radius).
Transmitters are available with either one or eight inputs. The units are double-screened to maximise shielding effectiveness. An integrated power detector enables automatic power tracking. Transmitters can be remotely controlled to perform such functions as:
- Verification of gain setting changes
- Link parameter modification
- Self-test / signal selection
- Link calibration
- Enter or exit sleep mode
Bi-directional communication means transmitters can confirm setting changes have been implemented. No more crossing your fingers!
- Broadband, high linearity LNA
- RF pre-amplifer
- Attenuation blocks
- Shuttered fibre optic connector
- SMA type optical connector
Multi-core cross site cables
Single, dual and multi-link cross site cables simplify and minimise setup time and allow a single receiver to monitor up to 48 sensors (six transmitters, each with eight inputs) sequentially, or two sensors simultaneously (requires dual input receiver module).
PPM Test’s National Instruments certified Sentinel 3 driver provides the building blocks to quickly create an application to control Sentinel 3 within the LabVIEW environment. With the driver, the user can create repeatable and consistent tests that improve data accuracy by removing the need for manual processing and, in turn, save time.
LabVIEW allows you to select the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and temperature compensation, as well as sync the clock with a PC. The driver can also adjust the Sentinel 3 display panel information, including P1 dB units, and scaling of displayed P1 dB points. It can present the following data: Tx & Rx gain, stability, status, power mode, battery life, remaining battery charge, serial numbers, firmware Rev, model and IP configuration.
Other features include:
- Select transmitter and receiver inputs
- Set transmitter and receiver gain / mode / power modes / tone modes
- Set Transmitter impedance (50 Ohm or HiZ)
- Show a system topology report.
The Sentinel 3 product supports standards testing for EMC, EMP, HIRF, NEMP etc., including key standards such as:
- DEF STAN 59-188
- DEF STAN 59-411.
Warranty and Service Level Agreements
As of 15 June 2020, Sentinel 3 systems include an increased two-year warranty.
PPM Test also offers Service Level Agreements for maintenance and repair of Sentinel 3 systems.
For any technical issues, please contact our dedicated Technical Support team, by emailing email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0) 1793 784389.