Sentinel 3 is the world’s most advanced RF over fiber test and measurement systems for:
- EMP test and EMC conformance
- HIRF aircraft clearance
- Simulated lightning testing
- Impulse, time domain and NEMP testing
- Low and high level swept frequency coupling measurements
Sentinel 3 is designed to reduce setup time and maximise measurement certainty.
The 3U chassis is available in desktop and rack-mount format. The chassis accepts up to six single or dual receiver modules. Power and control distribution takes place via the chassis backplane. The unit also integrates battery charging.
World Class Performance
- Three modes: super-low noise mode, high power mode and high impedance mode
- Increase sensitivity means lower test field strngth and reduced ERP
- 145dB/Hz instantaneous dynamic range
- Thermal compensation means calibrate only once for 0.25dB accuracy
Touch-screen System Controller
The wide, touch-screen controller displays link status, battery levels (including those on charge) and supports features such as:
- Remote gain control
- Remote power up/down of transmitters
- Automatic unit detection on startup
- System self-test
The controller also supports USB and Ethernet interfaces, allowing the system also to be controlled from a PC.
Ultra-compact Remote Transmitters
Sentinel 3 transmitters have been designed to support easier installation in tight spaces. The units have a volume of only 1.1litres and interchangeably accept robust, weatherproof optical connectors and standard LC optical connectors (for smaller size and reduced cable bend-radius).
Transmitters are available in either one or eight inputs. The units are double-screened to maximise shielding effectiveness. An integrated power detector enables automatic power tracking. Transmitters can be remotely controlled to perform such functions as:
- Verification of gain setting changes
- Link parameter modification
- Self-test / signal selection
- Link calibration
- Enter or exit sleep mode
Bi-directional communication means transmitters can confirm setting changes have been implemented. No more crossing your fingers!
- Broadband, high linearity LNA
- RF pre-amplifer
- Attenuation blocks
- Shuttered fibre optic connector
- SMA type optical connector
Multi-core cross site cables
Single, dual and multi-link cross site cables simplify and minimise setup time and allow a single receiver to monitor up to 48 sensors (six transmitters, each with eight inputs) sequentially, or two sensors simultaneously (requires dual input receiver module).